Damp Proofing, Dampness Treatment
RISING DAMP TREATMENT
Rising damp occurs when there is moisture soaking through whether it is the stone, bricks, and mortar. The water travels which is called the capillary action. If gone untreated, rising damp can cause serious structural harm to buildings.
These are the signs of rising damp to name a few:
- Plaster and paint corrosion and your wallpaper will become loose underneath,
- Stain marks on the wall, from the damp,
- Mold and salt marks,
- Outside mortar may start to become powdery.
- In worse cases, where the wall is affected it may fall away,
- Steel and iron fasteners rust,
- You also may see respiratory illness in occupants.